Norwich Integration Partnership (NIP) works with recently settled Black and Minority Ethnic individuals, families and communities in Norwich to increase:
Confidence, self-esteem and wellbeing
Knowledge, information and self-reliance
Circles of acquaintance, cultural understanding and participation in the wider community
NIP will refer to specialist support organisations where useful.
NIP aims to ensure that community engagement represents the ethnic diversity of Norwich.
Are you looking for Information and Advice on a range of issues?
Do you need help with your job search?
The aim of The Bridge Plus+ is to improve community cohesion through innovative community engagement activities and service delivery, with a focus on supporting Black/Asian and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities.
What we offer:
• Information and advice on a range of issues such as benefits, equality and access to services
• Help with form filling
• Employability skills training: help with job search, CVs, application forms and interview techniques
• Support with accessing volunteering opportunities
• Peer to peer support opportunities e.g. community lunches & community engagement activities
• Signposting and referrals to local support services and community groups
Mentoring & Befriending Project
offers weekly one-to-one support sessions to recently settled ethnic minorities to:
• increase cross-cultural understanding and friendship
• aid orientation
• improve language skills
• access local learning and social opportunities
• identify and achieve long-term goals
Women’s International Friendship Group
Mondays: 10.00 – 1.00
English language classes for beginners and more advanced; plus international cuisine lunch.
Dance/Exercise class 1.30-2.30
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 10.00-3.00
English language class 11.00-2.00 plus lunch
International Families Club
Saturdays: 3.00-5.30Creative activities in a safe and inclusive environment. The culturally diverse focus builds awareness of the richness of dance, music and art from around the world and encourages mutual respect.
New Routes Youth Programmes
Mixed Martial Arts - Homework Support Club
Music Club – Youth Mentoring
Free English Language Classes
Do you want to improve your English?
We offer free English classes for adults of all levels, from beginner to advanced.
Classes are taught in small groups by experienced teachers and are open to anyone isolated through lack of English language. Classes run during term times and there is no need to book in advance.
Monday English Class: 10am-12 noon, St Luke’s church, 61 Aylsham Road, NR3 2HF
Tuesday Art, Craft and Conversation: 12.30-14.30, Holy Trinity, NR2 2BJ
Wednesday Conversation Class: 13:00-15:00, St Thomas’s (formerly St Albans Church), Grove Walk, NR1 2QF
Thursday English Class: 10am -12 noon, Holy Trinity, 110A Trinity Street, NR2 2BJ
To build friendships and community and help with integration we also have:
- lunches and community events
- a summer activities programme
- signposting and referrals
- support and information
- access to sports and exercise activities